https://www.annapinnock.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/20220518_163550-e1653986635301.jpg 3024 4032 apinnock https://www.annapinnock.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo_Anna-Pinnock-t2.png apinnock2022-05-31 08:57:552022-05-31 10:04:42Easy tahini biscuits
Easy tahini biscuits
These biscuits are very easy and quick to make, low in sugar, gluten, dairy and egg-free. They’re also high in protein and calcium, so needed for healthy bones, especially if on a dairy-free diet. It’s a good idea to have these biscuits with your favourite brew as they tend to give a drying feeling in a mouth, which is easily remedied with a nice cup of tea!
- 200 grams tahini (stirred) (light is milder than dark)
- 70 grams approx. gluten free flour (gluten free mix, oat, tiger nut, almond, cassava)
- 1-3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla/orange essence (or any other flavour you like, e.g. orange peel, lemon zest, coffee, cocoa powder)
- a pinch of salt
- 50 grams 85% or more dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- a handful pecans or walnuts pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150-160 C. Place a baking sheet on a tray. I use a silicone baking mat.
- Mix tahini with honey and essence. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well with a spoon. Fold in chocolate chunks/nuts at this stage if you use them.
- Add a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky. The dough should come off the walls of the bowls easily and you should be able to make balls without the dough sticking to your hands.
- Take a half a spoon of dough, roll in your hands, flatten between your palms and put on the baking sheet
- Bake for about 10-12 min or until golden. You need to keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- This makes approx. 12 small biscuits. You can double the ingredients to make more biscuits.
- These biscuits are crumbly so be gentle with them, but they are a nice alternative to standard shop-bought cookies which are full of sugar and have no nutrients. Tahini is high in calcium (so especially good for people on dairy-free diet), protein, iron and potassium. There is even more goodness if you add dark chocolate and nuts.