There’s the old adage of “Test, don’t guess.”
Carrying out functional tests will help me to make accurate assessments of certain health situations and how nutritional therapy may be able to help you. Testing can save you time, money and effort and help you to start feeling better, sooner.
To help me do as good job as possible as a nutritional therapist I use various tests to get a better understanding of your health.
What tests do I offer?
To help me better support you, I may suggest you carry out some functional testing. The tests I may suggest are:
- Adrenal Stress Test (saliva or urine)
- Amino acids (urine)
- Coeliac disease (stool)
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Assessment (blood)
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis (evaluates digestion, absorption, gut flora, colonic immunology and inflammation (stool)
- DNA /Nutrigenomic testing (buccal swab)
- Female Hormone Panel (saliva)
- Food Intolerance Testing (finger prick of blood)
- Food and airborne allergies (blood sample)
- Gut permeability (urine or stool)
- Hair Mineral Analysis (hair)
- Helicobacter Pylori (stool)
- Homocysteine Test (blood)
- Intestinal Parasites (stool)
- Intestinal Yeast / Candida Testing (stool)
- Menopause Profile (saliva)
- Methylation Profile (blood)
- Organic acids (urine)
- Osteoporosis Profile (urine and blood)
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) (breath test)
- Thyroid Screen (blood, finger prick of blood or urine)
- Vitamin and mineral status (blood)
- Vitamin D (blood spot)
What laboratories to I use?
There are a number of different laboratories that I use across Europe and the U.S. I will recommend different laboratories for different tests and some of them will be happy to deal directly with you, but others may require a referral from me. If you do decide to carry out tests, then we can explore the options available.
How do you order a test?
It depends on the laboratory and what it is you want testing but we will talk about that during our consultation.
How much do tests cost?
The cost of tests can vary widely from tens of pounds up into the hundreds. I will never put pressure on you to undertake a test and the decision to go ahead or not will rest with you.